Do you make New Year’s Resolutions? I seldom do serious New Year’s resolutions, but it’s fun to think of some things I’d like to focus on in the coming year.
This year, inspired by Crystal’s list of 12 Do-It-Yourself projects for the year 2012, I decided to make my own list of projects! I’m sharing it here, and will share the results as I cross things off my list. 🙂 Of course, most of my list is related to food, as that is my passion!
12 Do-It-Yourself Projects for 2012
1. Homemade Salsa. I’ve wanted to try this for a long time. I’m not sure which recipe I will try yet, so if you have a recipe to share, or a link, it would be welcomed! 🙂
2. Pizza Cone! An idea found on Pinterest. Seems to have originated in Italy, and popular in Japan. One shop opened in Manhattan in 2010, but it is not all that popular in North America yet. I think it’s a really cool fast food, and want to find a way to make it at home! I’m not sure how yet, still mulling over this one. 😉 But I shall find a way! I shall!
3. Baguettes. I want to try my hand at (whole wheat) baguettes sometime this year. It’s been on my want-to-try list for 2yrs, it’s time to make it a reality this year. 🙂 I’m afraid it will be a long process that will be gobbled up in… 5 minutes? 😉
5. Homemade Italian Seasoning Mix. Simple enough. 🙂
6. Homemade tofu.
7. Make 3 new kinds of pizzas. This past year, we ate a yummy Chicken Thai Pizza in a restaurant, loved it, and copy-cat the recipe at home! To date, it is still our favourite kind of pizza to make! I want to venture out and try a few more unique kinds. Who knows? Might get a new favourite!
8. Make a Chinese supper at home, from scratch. I love Chinese, but we rarely eat it since I stay away from MSG and Chinese food is loaded with MSG. Ideas I might make are chicken balls, fried rice, wonton soup, etc.
9. Host a “National Holiday” gathering with friends, purely for fun! It’s a neat way to entertain with a theme, and I love having people over.
10. Plan and host a fun birthday party for my son’s 4th birthday in April. To date I haven’t done much for birthdays in our home. Korban, however, looooves birthdays and is already asking about his birthday! I think it would be a fun challenge to actually plan a really nice birthday party for him. I’m finding lots of ideas on pinterest, so we’ll see which ones I actually do. I want to “go all out”, without spending much. Hope it’s feasible!
My last two goals aren’t food related. Surprise! 😉
11. Turn a bar of soap into liquid hand soap. Just because it sounds pretty neat!
12. Make a few busy bags for my boys. A good way to keep them occupied when I need to get something done.
That’s it! That’s my list of 12 projects I want to do this year. I’m pretty excited about it!